Tuesday 4 September 2007

One doesn't like to brag but..

Have you seen the cover of September's Carrot Monthly..?


What can I say? My style, sophistication and wit have been recognized at last. Despite what Neville may try to tell you, it has nothing to do with the letters that I have been sending to the editor of the magazine every day for the last 3 years, and he's given in to me to shut me up. I just think it's taken him a while to fully appreciate my writing style.

Oh - and I found out about some of his unpublishable activities at Bunnyversity.

He LOVES my writing now...

I won't tell you the content of the article - I'm sure you'll want to run out and buy your own copy. But the top choice for this years carrot champagne crop is from the Valle du Lapin, where carrots that have grown fat and tasty on a diet of fresh spring water and southern French sunshine are lovingly crushed by fat lady bunnies into stout barrels, and aged in temperature controlled burrows deep under the hillside. It's then tasted, graded, bottled, and drunk by conoisseurs the world over.

See if you can spot a bottle in a good Bunny supplies store near you.


PS. Sorry to bore you with that old load of rubbish - but the producers of the premier cru from the Valle du Lapin promised me a few cases if I posted the label that they stick on the back of the bottle. I have ten being delivered this afternoon! Who'd have thought writing a blog could be so much fun?! I may have to invite over Mint Sauce ...

Incidentally - another requested plug: Carrot Monthly is brought to you by the publishers of Cowsmopolitan...

(o;3

1 comment:

Chris Frumplington said...

That Carrot Monthly cover design is truly inspired. Brilliant!

We'll send Mint Sauce round later if you need a hand with all that carrot champagne. Minty has taken a back seat recently and gone on some sort of sabbatical. It's a bit like the sheep version of a gap year.

So basically, he's got a lot more time now for going out and getting sloshed. I just hope you've got plenty of bottles ready!