Monday 30 April 2007

Sun and ceremonies..

Wasn’t it a nice day today…? I nipped out the back and caught a few rays, set up the bunny cam on a timed exposure (so you can admire my svelte, buff, beanie bod – I lost 4 grams last week!) only to spot a red kite circling overhead. The picture shows me looking a little surprised, and about to run very quickly in the opposite direction..



And there’s me going on about my life not avoiding birds of prey..

I’ve been literally inundated with an email today, from a well-wisher who’s been on the prowl for all things a liberated Rabbit should be kept informed about. Bearing in mind our somewhat controversial attitude to monogamy, and conjugal indifference (I am of course totally different in this respect – I am a New-Rabbit) I am delighted to bring you the following..

[Here come’s the bride, all dressed in fur..]

Now I have a fairly limited wardrobe, but I do know how to carry off a chapeau. That BIG one looks like he’s eaten a Blues Brother..

Many thanks to my correspondent, but in the true style of an upwardly-mobile Rabbit, I was actually invited to the event.


Trust me, a society occasion it was NOT.

The brides parents disgraced themselves – Mummy rabbit went commando, revealed when she fell over doing the bunny-cokey, and Daddy got "tired and emotional", falling asleep face down in a bowl of bunny kibble. His bleary eyes lit up later in the evening when the food ran out (a CARDINAL sin at a rabbit function) as all the similarly intoxicated female guests went in for what he thought was a peck on the cheek, but in reality was to pick off the bits of dried food stuck to his aged bunny jowls.. As the happy (drunk, morose, arguing) couple left, the bridesmaids (all 300ish cousins of the bride) went to work on getting to know the single male bunnies a bit better.

And not a single one of them tried to cop off with me.


I wonder if it was the monocle..?

Speed dating tomorrow. Going to go a little more contemporary - I think offering them some snuff could be a winner..

No comments: